Tuesday, May 29, 2012

DIY Folded Paper Pop Art Wall


Supplies Needed: 8 colors of paper - three sheets of each color, a paper cutter (or scissors), foam board, masking tape, hot glue gun, ruler






I'm preparing for Dan's graduation party later this June, and wanted to make some decorative artwork especially for the event.  So, I busted out the construction paper and the paper cutter. I was inspired by a post at Martha Stewart Weddings.  The inspiration work is a pink analogous color scheme whereas I chose a variation on navy and gold to show some UCSD school spirit.

The photos look different than them real life version, but I'm very happy with the results!



The bigger the better in my opinion. I only had just enough of one of the blue shades to get the job done. Next time, I will try to make it even larger!


At the time of this update, the website for the inspiration work was unavailable. The full address is: 
http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/301877/folded-paper-wall-backdrop-how