Monday, June 04, 2012

DIY Leather and Bead Wrap Bracelet


     This project was so cute and simple that I'm going to have to make another for myself! My sister is into beading and she just loves stackable bracelets. This is one of a few bracelets that will be for her birthday this year. For her bracelet, I used 2mm leather cord and 8mm brown faceted round beads (they look black in the photos). The button came from my sewing box. 




Supplies needed: leather cord, fishing line (.3mm) , beads, a button and scissors. 

Onee of the greatest parts about this project is that it does not require any metal findings or fasteners, so it is a great classy option even for those who have metal allergies. Another plus is that the length, beads and button style can all be customized for the wearer. Two thumbs up for this project!
You can follow a tutorial for a Chan Luu style Wrap Bracelet at: http://runwaydiy.com/2011/09/27/diy-chan-luu-style-wrap-bracelet/